Redmommy25

Redmommy25

SPOILER ALERT!

Sexy, snarky...and oh, Morgan!

Frost: A Rendezvous Collection - Elise Faber, K.D. Wood, C. C. Ravanera, Kelly Martin

I received an ARC of this anthology and am writing my review based on "Fire and Ice," which is Elise Faber's story. "Fire and Ice" is sexy, funny, and action-packed. It gives us further insight into the lives of Steph and Dom, who are characters from the world in Elise's Phoenix series.

Steph has fled the area where her people lived, and Dom, who once let her go, has come searching for her because she is now in danger from the Dalshie. Steph and Dom mix like oil and water, which of course makes for some serious chemistry and awesome snarky exchanges.

I really liked Steph, who was tough and confident. Dom is a sweetheart in an alpha way, but he's not overbearing. To me, the best part of the story comes in the form of Morgan, who is my absolute favorite of the characters Elise has written. He is cheeky and loyal and funny, and he has some fantastic scenes in "Fire and Ice" that had me grinning from ear to ear. I can't wait for him to have his own story!

**Since writing my original review, I also read C.C. Ravanera's story, "Wishes," which was beautiful and heartwrenching. I'm pretty sure I used an entire box of tissues while reading. She creates an amazing New Orleans atmosphere. I was so impressed with how much she was able to pack into a short story! Great job!